Saturday, January 2, 2010

That's Megipupu to you, and me, too


Can't wait for these little gems to arrive from Finland! Heaven knows I spent enough time trying to get them! When I first learned about megipupu on Etsy from Maggie, I signed in on Nov. 22, just hours short of being able to buy anything from her line. Her November upload sold out in minutes, and I have been watching ever since for more, checking almost daily, if not multiple times a day. Yeah, I know.

Admirers watched as she uploaded dresses, hats, sweaters and more to her Flickr site the last few weeks, anticipating a re-load to her Etsy store. Finally, on Dec. 30, she posted that an upload would occur on Jan. 1. And so the next dilemma- Jan. 1 when? Finland time? Stroke of midnight anywhere? Five o'clock somewhere?

Turns out it was mid-afternoon eastern time, and about an hour after I had looked for the umpteenth time. When I did look, a gazillion things had already been uploaded and sold, but I knew from the volume of her Flickr more was to come. Sure enough, as I kept refreshing the page new items kept being added. Finally, an antenna hat popped up, and I popped it into my cart and checked out as fast as I could. There's no waiting to fill your cart with this girl; in fact, a sweater I had in my cart was grabbed out by someone else as fast as I put it in. And although there were sweater and hat sets last month, this time it was piece by piece. How on earth, and I do mean the entire earth, to get a matching set?

Imagine having your dolly items be so well-made and so popular that people all around the world are sitting by their computers poised to click the second, nano-second maybe, that you upload something. And imagine her nearly 2,000 sales on Etsy at an average of even $10 an item. Yikes! That is some good knittin'! Anyway, I can't wait to see what I bought (above) in person.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsessively checks Megipupu! I was stuck at work with a frozen computer yesterday and watched in horror on my Blackberry as the number of listings on her Esty dwindled! I felt sick after waiting so long. Ah well. Next time:o) Luckily there are some other very talented ladies out there to buy from on etsy and artfire!!