Thursday, April 3, 2008

Look Out Beach, Here We Come!





The waiting is over, and tomorrow marks the departure to North Myrtle Beach for half the Smith household and one-fifth of the present Blythe Manor household. So, who is going? Stay tuned for in-vacation photo posting. I will say the lucky girl was chosen on the basis of whose earrings were not going to get lost, whose hair cooperates and who is an all around sweet-demeanored girl. Oh, and it was also based on who is not claustrophobic since she will be traveling in this swell dolly carrier, custom-made for me by Becca of Sew Pixie http://sewpixie.tinfoildreams.com/blog using Vera Bradley placemats.
As you can see, Mystery Girl has her shorts and sunglasses at the ready as well as her tote bag with laptop and $35. I wonder how far that will take her shopping? It won't last long if we find any vintage Barbie or Skipper clothes or some fabulous old-school Barbie cast-off at the outlet shops.
Meanwhile, Lilly has decided she wants to become a famous photographer like Gina Garan http://www.thisisblythe.com, for all intents and purposes the "founder" of Blythe here in America, not to be confused with Blythe in America http://www.flickr.com/groups/BlytheinAmerica, the group I co-administer on Flickr. B in A is having a Blythe pajama party on April weekends, so Vi...I mean, Mystery Girl has several sets of pajamas packed for her trip, along with her beach towel, swim ring, umbrella, cooler and VW Bug for beach cruising. I wonder how many weird looks I'll get photographing that?

4 comments:

Constance Blythe said...

Oh this is just soo exciting, I can't wait to see the holiday pics. Thanks for visitng my new blog and leaving a comment, I'm looking forward to getting to know your girls.

Tizzalicious said...

Oooh how lucky, I hope she will have a great time!

willynillywaterlily said...

Have a safe trip and I can't wait to see all your vacation photos! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina what great selection criteris you used for chosing who got to go on the trip! I do hope she found her bag comfy for travel. ^_^