Sunday, January 13, 2008

The B.I.Y.ing Continues, and Lilly was No Help AT ALL







As you can see, Lilly begging to help in the pool house didn't turn out so well, for me anyway. She promised to grout the tile, and before I knew it she was prone and on her cell. So, since everything was so messy, I figured I'd just let her stay there and watch the stubborn chicken on the grill. She looked so cozy in her Effiedalshop Hello Kitty pj's and Stella stuffy from nanajones, both on etsy. Sleeping bag is Only Hearts Club.


By 3 a.m. I was getting tired and cranky, after painting the paneling (who has dark paneling anymore anyway? But, Lilly kept saying, "Go retro, mom!"), the grill, the stove, the washer, the window trim and the counter top. We were going to go with multi-colored, inlaid Italian tile, but that didn't happen. I started it out pink and turquoise, however. Let's just say, eeeewww!


Gotta work on the bedroom floor, and get out their VW, but afraid the DH may have a heart attack, so have to ease him into it. He asked today if he could set up Hot Wheels all over the house. I don't think he is getting it. Besides, the Blythes are in a (quite nice) open closet. I think "open closet" may be an oxymoron, but hey. The previous owners had open shelving and no closet doors for their toddler girl. So, I guess now I'm the toddler girl. Must. Go. Do. Real. Work. Now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina!

Love Lilly's pool house! You're doing wonders on de-Barbie-fying it!

He he. Sounds like Lilly is just as scatterbrained as Molli. Looks like mom will have to do all the work!

Hope that the DH will get used to Blythe eventually. Don't worry - have faith in what you love and the nonbelievers will come around. Mine did.

Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Aww Gina, you're ite is so cute! I got your goodies in the mail today. Thanks soooo much! That was very thoughtful of you! xoxoSandy