Sunday, February 28, 2010

More Tiny Knitting and Crocheting









Inspired by Alice's Megipupu sweater (top) and Daisy's green mohair sweater jacket by DollyDressUp, I have been trying to learn to knit. Had a second lesson yesterday, in fact. Although I had crocheted for many years, knitting is a totally different process.

During the past week when I was supposed to be doing my knitting homework, though, I squeezed in some crochet time, making the sweater for Alice (third from top) and another tiny Momoko hat.

Not only was I pretty pleased with my first tiny sweater effort, although it is a bit bulky, but I was practically shocked when it actually started resembling a sweater. It was crocheted in four squares: front, back and two sleeves and then attached by crocheting the yoke around all four. It was a mess for a minute but the, suddenly, it was a butterfly.

No comments: